Falling


The setup and positioning of this image was carefully done. The intention was a pure architectual image with the play of lines and perspective in greyscale. After a while I was happy and measured reflected light on the wall and shot it. I am sure you can 'imagine' away the guy falling and then you see my initial intention with the image. However, half a second after I had shot the first image, I hear somebody running heavily down the stairs and before I even take away my eye from the viewfinder, I see him falling straight towards me. With a reflex I shoot again and then I through myself to the side. The guy falls and miss me by inches, he stands up instantly and carry on running. It was all over in a couple of seconds. Nobody was chasing him, I have no idea what it was all about. But the image gets a story, and that I like!

No comments:

Post a Comment